Using a call answering service adds a professional tier to your business while also making your work life more productive. Here are some tips to make sure that you are getting the most out of using a call answering service.
Working from home is becoming increasingly popular whether you are self employed or lucky enough to have an employer that allows you to work from home. Advances in technology have allowed working virtually or from home easier than it was previously. It's now more acceptable to have a home office and internet shops are also becoming increasingly popular as opposed to physical shops.Below are some tips to help stay productive while working from home.
1. Set office space if possible-Make a comfortable space with everything you need nearby. If you can, keep this space for work and work only to avoid distractions.
2. Set working hours-It can be easy to fall into bad habits when working from home. Work during your work time and when you are finished, you are finished. Don't be tempted to do that one chore that needs to be done. Wait and do it after your work day is finished. The same also goes for when you are finished your work for the day-don't be tempted to send that one email etc.
3. Take proper breaks-Make sure to take a proper lunch break away from your office space. Get out and clear your head or do whatever you would usually do to take your mind off work. Try to take short breaks also-away from your desk or computer to stretch and prevent getting strained eyes. You will feel better after taking breaks and get more work done.
4. Make a list of your goals-It’s important to have goals to work towards. You should prioritise and be realistic as to what can and can’t be done. Make sure to make daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Also remember that goals don’t always get completed. That’s ok. Just revise and amend your goals regularly.
6. Network online-There are many Facebook groups, Twitter hours and Linkedin groups that you can join to make sure you are communicating with others. It’s good to interact with others in a similar situation to yourself to give and receive help and support.
7. Check in with co-workers over the phone-If you have co-workers, check in at least once a day over the phone. It can be tempting to just send an email but try to call to keep interacting with your co-workers.
Remember that you are lucky to be able to work from home avoiding the commute and being able to work in an environment controlled by you. Try to keep productivity up and most of all enjoy your work.
Owning your own business is a tough job. There’s no doubt about that. It can be hard to find the time to do all of the necessary work to help your business run smoothly and grow at the same time. Here are a few benefits of outsourcing to a virtual office, call answering service or virtual assistant.